It was a weird year but the Nature Journal Show persevered! In 2020 I made over 60 episodes packed full of humor, tips, interviews, and motivation. Making these episodes for the nature journaling community was a life saver for me this year.
If you want the summary before you watch the video than here you go…
15 Reasons the Nature Journal Show is Great!
- Humor. Funny is fun and it helps you learn better.
- Practical tips. Very practical in-depth tips on more aspects of nature journaling than you even knew existed.
- Science-based facts. Did you know that nature journaling burns calories? Now you do.
- Ideas for everyone. Whether you are a home school family in Montana or you live in an apartment, the nature journal show has ideas for you!
- Self-awareness. An essential life skill discussed in almost every episode.
- Cool wildlife sightings. Falcons, frogs, felines, snakes, salamanders, spiders. Yup, come along for the adventure.
- Risking my life to make good videos. Whether I’m crawling through cactus and rattlesnake habitat or painting at the edge of a cliff I go the extra mile.
- Nature journaling where no one has before. I take you along for the adventure and test supplies in the weirdest conditions: up in trees, in ponds, on kayaks, whitewater rafts, and waterfalls.
- Overcoming discomfort to push the envelope. I don’t let swarming flies, mosquito attacks, wildfire smoke, or extreme weather stop me from making episodes every week.
- Innovative teaching techniques. I’m 100% committed to your learning even if it means I lose all the hairs on my arm or make a fool of myself.
- Hands-on teaching style. No chance of getting bored.
- Honesty. I share my personal struggles and keep it real.
- Dedication. I’m dedicated to crafting the best videos even if I have to burn a sketchbook.
- Good ideas. What other art teacher recommended you get a massage?
- Good stories. The nature journal takes you along for captivating stories.